|Title / Titel||Tradition and Modernism in the Poetry of Andri Peer|
|Abstract (PDF, 14 KB)|
|Original title / Originaltitel||Tradition und Moderne in der Lyrik Andri Peers|
|Summary / Zusammenfassung||Abstract: the NF-Project “Tradition and Modernism in the Poetry of Andri Peer”
1. The aim of this research project is a methodologically and empirically extended analysis of Peer’s poetry which is seen as an example of a process of literary modernisation within a regional literature.
Objects of systematic analysis are:
1. The dynamics of a process of literary communication (i.e. the communication of poetology ( text-genesis and reception),
2. The linguistic varieties and registers in the context of written tradition; inventories of form and content, as well as recurrent motives and themes,
3. interdiscursivity and intertextuality which are constitutive of the modernisation-process in Peer’s poetry,
4. The results of our research will facilitate a precise classification of Peer's poetry with respect to typology and literary-history as well as the description of a genre-specific modernisation-process within a regional literature.
2. Context and import of the project
The focus of interest lies on the dialectics of tradition and innovation, authentic and foreign elements in a regional literature’s process of literary renewal. The study of production, textuality and reception aims at discovering the necessary conditions for the genesis of Peer’s work. A recording of innovations of both form and content in Peer’s poetry will help to demonstrate how regional tradition combines with the methods of European modern age. The proof of intertextual relations will add reservations to the myth of originality of Rhaeto-romansh poetry. Furthermore, our research aims at modernising the theoretical basis of Rhaeto-romansh literary studies.
3. Scientific framework and methodology
Approaches concerned with text-genesis, the historical reception, as well as aesthetic questions will serve as theoretical foundations for the first part of the research project. The second part will have its theoretical basis in the fields of metrics, genre-theory as well as in studies in motives and themes. The third part will be based on recent research on intertextuality and interdiscursivity. The hypotheses concerning typology and classification into literary-history will be developed and specified in the course of the research project.
Keywords: text-genesis and research into the writing-process – intertextuality – poetry of Rhaetoromansh- Grison: metrics, themes and motives – Andri Peer – Swiss archive of literature – regional literature
|Publications / Publikationen||Weitere Informationen|
|Keywords / Suchbegriffe||Text-genesis and research into the writing-process – intertextuality – poetry of Rhaetoromansh- Grison: metrics, themes and motives – Andri Peer – Swiss archive of literature – regional literature|
|Project leadership and contacts /
Projektleitung und Kontakte
|Funding source(s) /
|SNF (Personen- und Projektförderung)
|In collaboration with /
In Zusammenarbeit mit
|Duration of Project / Projektdauer||Oct 2005 to Sep 2008|