|Title / Titel||Zurich studies on neuromotor development from 3 to 18 years of age|
|Abstract (PDF, 14 KB)|
|Original title / Originaltitel||Zurich studies on neuromotor development|
|Summary / Zusammenfassung||Neuromotor development from 3 to 18 years was a major focus of the Zurich studies that is both of clinical and scientific relevance:
- Methods were developed to assess distinct motor functions with regard to timed performance and movement quality (duration and intensity of associated movements).
- A set of new statistical methods has been developed specifically suited to neuromotor variables that will allow a more sophisticated longitudinal data analysis.
- Developmental course and variability of timed performance and movement quality was described between 3 and 18 years.
- Gender differences of timed performance and movement quality were investigated.
- Laterality of timed performance and movement quality were analyzed.
- Distinct patterns in timed performance and movement quality in children with spastic and dyskinetic cerebral palsy were described.
|Publications / Publikationen||Largo R.H., Caflisch J., Hug F., Muggli K., Molnar A., Molinari L., Sheehy A., Gasser T.: Neuromotor development from 5 to 18 years: Part 1: Timed performance. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 43, 436-443 (2001).Largo R.H., Caflisch J.A., Hug F., Muggli K., Molnar A., Molinari L.: Neuromotor development from 5 to 18 years: Part 2: Associated movements. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 43, 444-453 (2001).Largo R.H., Fischer J.E., Caflisch J.A.: Zurich Neuromotor Assessment. AWE Publications, Zürich (2003).Jenni OG, Aziz C, Thoeni I, Diezi M, Werner H, Caflisch J and Rousson V (2011) Intra-individual stability of neuromotor tasks from 6 to 18 years: a longitudinal study. Hum Mov Sci 30(6):1272-82.|
|Keywords / Suchbegriffe||Neuromotor development, timed performance, movement quality, gender differences, laterality, age 5 to 18 years|
|Project leadership and contacts /
Projektleitung und Kontakte
|Other links to external web pages||http://www.kispi.uzh.ch/Kinderspital/Medizin/Medizin/AWE_de.html|
|Funding source(s) /
|SNF (Personen- und Projektförderung)
|Duration of Project / Projektdauer||Apr 1999 to Mar 2003|